To see a current list of courses taught at Lone Peak, please see either the Course Quick List or the Current Course Descriptions. Several courses at Lone Peak also offer Concurrent Enrollment opportunities through UVU. Please see the Concurrent Enrollment Schedule for a list of these classes.
- Class Registration for the upcoming school year usually begins in April, the week after Spring Break.
- Current students should use the Registration Worksheet and the Current Master Schedule to plan their classes before registering on Skyward.
New Students, please see further information in our New Student section.
CLASS CHANGE POLICY AND INSTRUCTIONS
Requirements BEFORE the school year begins:
- Before each new school year begins, class schedules can be adjusted using Skyward during the “open registration” period at the end of the prior school year.
- Once closed, students must schedule to see their counselor during the summer months.
- Schedules must be complete prior to the start of school on designated “schedule change days.”
Requirements DURING the school year:
- All changes must be done by the end of the first week of any term.
- Making changes after that date disrupts teaching and puts students behind in the curriculum.
- If special circumstances arise, a parent must make an appointment with the counselor to discuss the change after the first week of a new semester.
- Final deadline – according to Alpine School District policy – class changes should not be made after three weeks into the nine-week grading term. After the third week, if a class is dropped, the student will receive an “F” grade for the term in the withdrawn class and will be released to the parents for that period. The student will not be allowed to add another class until the next term.
- Term changes (end of first or third term) at ‘mid-semester’ will be allowed only for extreme circumstances. Parents must speak with their student’s counselor.
- A $5.00 class change fee is required for all changes during the school year. The finance office will send a bill or refund in the mail approximately 4 weeks after class
changes are made.
- Students are responsible to return books to the book depository from the dropped class and check out required books for any new classes.
New Students must complete a New Student Registration form and make an appointment with the School Registrar, Gail Tilley. The registration form must be filled out and brought with you at the time of your appointment. Please bring immunization records, current shot record, copy of birth certificate, any custody/guardian documents, and proof of residency (i.e. utility bill, rental agreement, mortgage closing papers).
Please contact the Counseling Receptionist for more information & to make appointments at: 801-610-8821
All students who live outside the established school boundaries and wish to attend Lone Peak High School must fill out the Online Out-of-Area Application.
UVU LIVE INTERACTIVE
Lone Peak High School Students may also register for UVU Live Interactive classes (formerly known as Distance Education). Because these classes are taught by a UVU professor from UVU campus, schedules and registration follow UVU procedures.
For more information check with your counselor or with Mrs. Winn in room #117.